Events, vacancies & directories
There is no longer a notice board or directory on CommunityNet where events and vacancies can be listed however there are other places where you can get this sort of information. Our suggestions are listed below.
Job Vacancies Listings
Paid and Volunteer Jobs:
- Do Good Jobs - https://dogoodjobs.co.nz/
- Fundraising Institute of New Zealand - https://www.finz.org.nz/job-services/job-vacancies
- Seek - https://www.seek.co.nz/
- TradeMe - https://www.trademe.co.nz/
- Mahi – http://www.mahi.co.nz/
- [for students] Student Job Search - http://www.sjs.co.nz/
- Regional Volunteer Centres - http://www.volunteeringnz.org.nz/volunteers/finding-volunteer-roles/
Hui, Conferences, Events & Training / Workshops
- Eventfinda - https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/
- Events Pronto - https://about.eventspronto.co.nz/community
- The Charities Register holds information on over 25000 registered charities throughout New Zealand in a searchable database. https://www.charities.govt.nz/
- Family and Community Services provide a Family Service Directory and links to other directories. They currently have almost 6000 organisations listed and most have had their information updated within the last year. https://www.familyservices.govt.nz/directory/
As mentioned above, CommunityNet used to have a jobs board and event calendars. During the redevelopment of CommunityNet in 2013, the functions of the site were reviewed. Based on user feedback, DIA concluded that the old site was cluttered, out of date, and trying to do too many things. The new website would provide one key thing and do it well and that it should not duplicate or compete with other sites.
Providing resources designed to strengthen community organisations was identified as the most important function of CommunityNet. The other functions were looked at carefully: how much is the function currently used? is there demand for the function? and are other organisations already providing the function? It was decided that the other functions would not be included on the new site.