Quick introduction to CommunityNet Aotearoa
The Home page
You can return to the home page at any time by clicking on the CommunityNet Aotearoa logo or on the Home button on the top navigation bar.
On the home page you can see the newest resources that have been added to CommunityNet Aotearoa.
You are able to search for any resource by keyword or phrase by using the Search option at the top of each page. On the home page, you can also filter resources by broad categories (like People, Relationships, Governance etc).
To search from any page, type a keyword or phrase into the 'Search for a resource' field in the header section and click on the
On the home page you can also search for or filter resources by category by clicking on one of the categories:
Scroll down to view your search results.
Order of results
Search results are initially ordered by date so you see the newest resources first, but you can change the order of the results of your search by using the drop down option:
- Date: the most recently posted resources will be shown first
- Rating: the most popular resources will be shown first
- Posted By: will be ordered alphabetically by the names of the organisations who contributed the resources
The search results display a quick view that allows you to quickly find the resources you are looking for.
The resource quick view includes:
- Short summary of the resource
- Who contributed the resource
- When it was posted
- The type of resource
- How popular the resource is
The five types of resources
There are five types of resources on CommunityNet Aotearoa. They are colour-coded to help you quickly identify what type of resource you are viewing.
- How-to guides: for community organisations new to a process or topic
- Stories & case studies: about organisations experiences and learning
- Information & advice: such as new research, useful examples and thinking about topics relevant to community organisations
- Tools & templates: such as tips, checklists and documents that organisations can use and/or modify
- Shared links: to recommended and useful websites
View the full contents
To view the full contents of a resource, click on the title or read more»
You will then see the full contents of the resource as well as information about the resource.