New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- 04 463 8600
The New Zealand National Commission for UNESCO represents New Zealand to UNESCO, and takes the best of the UNESCO collective resources, networks, programmes and connections for application in a way that benefits New Zealand.
We partner and support programmes, initiatives, events and promotional activities that are relevant to UNESCO’s mandate and help build peace in New Zealand.
The National Commission has recently set its strategic direction for the next three years. We will prioritise projects, programmes and activities that:
- provide a catalyst for New Zealanders to engage in lifelong learning and to be innovative and responsible global citizens;
- protect and celebrate New Zealand’s taonga past, present and future by connecting our unique indigenous culture, natural heritage and communities with the international community;
- nurture and connect diverse forms of knowledge based on scientific evidence, traditional knowledge and intercultural dialogue to enhance decision making and foster mutual understanding; and
- promote access to information and knowledge that contributes to building respect for justice, law, human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Organisation Size
- Organisation Stage
- Serves the following communities
- Arts, Culture & Heritage, Education, Training & Research, Environment & Conservation, Community Development, International, Hapu or Iwi, Pasifika, Ethnic, Youth, Urban Maori
- Based in the following regions
- Wellington City