Community Toolkit - Legal Resource
Created: January 28, 2020 at 11:28 AM | Updated: January 28, 2020 | By NZ Navigator Trust
If you’re setting up a new organisation or reviewing your existing organisation’s structure, you will most likely be thinking about questions like these:
- Should your group seek charitable status?
- What kind of legal structure should your group have?
- How can your governance structure incorporate and reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
- What other laws will you need to know about?
The Community Toolkit is a legal resource developed by Community Law Wellington Hutt Valley and is designed to support organisations working in the community sector.
Sections of the toolkit can be downloaded as PDF documents or printed. Topics covered include:
- Common legal questions for Community Groups
- Choosing the right legal structure for your group
- Good governance
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Charities and charitable status
- Staff and volunteers
- Media and publicity
- Health and safety
- Information and privacy
- Liquor licensing
- Managing a venue
- Care of children
http://communitytoolkit.org.nz/ (opens in a new window)