Using a conflict of interest register
This Charities Services guide describes how charities can identify and keep track of conflicts of interest.
The guide topics include:
- What is a conflict of interest?
- Identifying the different types of interests
- Family member interests
- Contract/employment interests
- Identifying and mitigating any conflicts
- Links to more detailed information
The guide also includes a link to an Interest Register template.
It is recommended that your organisation adds 'conflict of interest' to every meeting agenda.
- Identify: declare any interests at the beginning of each meeting.
- Record: develop an interest register and record any potential interests.
- Discuss: are there any conflicts that may be relevant to the agenda?