Working remotely - tools and links
This resource introduces links to digital tools and information that can help you and your team work remotely in an effective and safe manner. We've organised these into three groups:
1. WEBINARS - TIPS AND INFORMATION
Best practices for working from home with Zoom
To make working from home easier, Zoom have compiled some tips and tricks to help you get set up, limit distractions, maintain confidentiality, and meet like a pro, no matter where you are.
Although the live webinar is over you can still register and view the video of the webinar.
In this webinar, Zoom experts cover:
- Finding the right set up to look and sound your best
- Must-know features to enhance team collaboration
- Settings to ensure your meetings are secure
- Work from home best practices to remain productive and focused
Business continuity and technology preparedness for long term remote working
Techsoup have shared a webinar recording that covers:
- What long term remote working means for your organisation and your technology mix
- Tools that will assist you to improve your ability to work remotely
- How to get started quickly – quick wins
- Other elements that you may not have taken into consideration that will assist you with your readiness.
Click here to get the recording and slides for free.
Crisis mode: How not-for-profits can respond to COVID-19
Another free webinar recording - COVID-19 NFP resources - was hosted by Pro Bono and shared by Techsoup. The webinar filled up and they will be opening up free post-event registration for not-for-profits to get the full recording and slides shortly here.
The webinar covered:
- best practices for not-for-profit marketing during a recession;
- how to adapt your channels and messaging during a crisis; and
- what the role of digital is during COVID-19.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION ON WORKING FROM HOME
Techsoup NZ - Remote Work Essentials
Guidelines for working remotely
The Tamarack Institute have shared their remote orientation guide for new staff. Tamarack is a remote-based organisation and has developed these Guidelines to create a sense of understanding and awareness about what it means to work remotely. Download the guideline here.
Working well from home
Tips for working from home
Zoom has shared additional information on working from home:
- New to working from home tips
- 5 tips for working from home for the first time in 2020
- Top 10 tips to setup a temporary work from home office successfully
3. TOOLS TO HELP YOU WORK FROM HOME
Zoom - video conferencing
A collaboration and communication tool with excellent video and audio quality.
- Basic plan - free - host up to 100 participants (limited to 40 minutes for group meeting), unlimited 1 to 1 online meetings. More feature for paid plans.
Slack - bringing the team together
A collaboration hub and instant messaging platform
- Basic plan free and Techsoup discounts
Trello - team work and projects
Organise and prioritise projects, work with a team
- Free, non-profit discounts
GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar - emergency remote work kits
LogMeIn are offering free access for three months to their Emergency Remote Work Kits for charities and NFPs in response to the pandemic. The Emergency Remote Work Kit provides access to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and more. The kits are designed to support remote meetings, remote access to computers, and remote tech support.
- Free for 3 months
Todolist - organise it all
A to-do list, project and planner app that integrates with other services like Dropbox and Slack.
- Free or premium version with additional features
Asana - work management
A work management platform to help teams plan and structure work and stay on track.
- Free for basic plan, pay for more features
Ayoa - collaboration and manage
Mind map ideas then collaborate and manage the tasks with various task management options (paid version).
- Free basic plan, low cost for more
Toggl - Project planning with visuals
Project planning and time tracking for teams with visual overview of tasks.
- Free plan for up to 5 users, low cost for more
Dropbox - online storage
Online storage locker for your files, documents, photos etc that you can access anywhere and share with others.
- Free / pay for more space and features
Onenote - digital notebook
A digital notebook that you can share and collaborate with.
- Comes with Office 365 subscriptions