Department of Internal Affairs
The Department of Internal Affairs serves and connects people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation.
Tā tātou Whāinga
ko tā te Tari Taiwhenua he whakarato me te hono i ngā iwi, ngā hapori me te kāwanatanga ki te hanga motu haumaru, tōnui, whai mana hoki.
The Department of Internal Affairs works for six ministers and administers seven portfolios within a single Vote: Internal Affairs. We have four branches and one ministry that provide specialist services and advice to the public and government, and two branches with a predominantly internal focus.
The Department has six branches:
- Strategy and Governance branch
- Information and Knowledge Services branch
- Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management
- Policy, Regulatory and Ethnic Affairs branch
- Service Delivery and Operations branch
- Service and System Transformation branch
- Shared Services branch
- Related Information
In addition to the groups and functions listed below, each branch includes a Development and Support group, to provide direct support to the Deputy CE on strategic and business issues.
- Organisation Size
- Very Large
- Organisation Stage
- Serves the following communities
- Any sector, Emergency & Disaster Relief, Community Development, Ethnic