Created: October 30, 2018 at 3:51 PM | Updated: January 9, 2023 | By NZ Navigator Trust
Sport New Zealand's on-line learning portal - SportTutor - includes a training programme on Governance. This programme covers the fundamentals of governance, which can be applied to any organisation and are particularly relevant to not-for-profits.
There is no charge for this course covering the key principles of not for profit governance and it takes 2-3 hours to complete.
This programme is based on the sport and recreation governance framework and uses the resources available on the Sport New Zealand website.
The course is aimed at not-for-profit directors on governance boards; chief executives and senior staff; and anyone with a sector development perspective inside not-for-profits.
There are six modules and a short assessment that focus on the key principles that are applicable no matter which context or governance model you are working within.
- What's my job?: The role of the director.
- What's our job?: The strategic role of the board.
- Who does the job?: Recruiting and retaining the best people.
- Let's meet: Inside the boardroom.
- Who do we work for?: Accountability, ethics and integrity.
- What's next?: Actions and further resources.
(opens in a new window)