Created: October 30, 2018 at 3:51 PM | Updated: June 29, 2020 | By NZ Navigator Trust
Sport New Zealand's on-line learning portal - SportTutor - includes a training programme on Governance. This programme covers the fundamentals of governance, which can be applied to any organisation and are particularly relevant to not-for-profits.
This programme is based on the sport and recreation governance framework and uses the resources available on the Sport New Zealand website.
The course is aimed at not-for-profit directors on governance boards; chief executives and senior staff; and anyone with a sector development perspective inside not-for-profits.
There are six modules and a short assessment that focus on the key principles that are applicable no matter which context or governance model you are working within.
- What's my job?: The role of the director.
- What's our job?: The strategic role of the board.
- Who does the job?: Recruiting and retaining the best people.
- Let's meet: Inside the boardroom.
- Who do we work for?: Accountability, ethics and integrity.
- What's next?: Actions and further resources.
https://www.sporttutor.nz/pages/coursedescription.jsf?courseId=112261&catalogId=268432 (opens in a new window)